Ladybird Bursary Fund
Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world ~ Nelson Mandela
RENS, in realising our contribution to the community over many decades and our important role in the education of pre-school children, established the Ladybird Bursary Fund which has been in existence since 2010. The purpose of the fund is to provide a quality education to children who come from disadvantaged circumstances and/or would not ordinarily be able to afford the fees for various reasons.
As a Community Owned Public Benefit Organisation, the school does not show sufficient profit to finance a bursary fund on its own. We therefore appeal to our parents, businesses and individuals in the wider community to assist us in keeping the Ladybird Bursary Fund dream a reality.
- Parents show their support by contributing monthly donations when paying their children’s school fees.
- Individuals gift money in support of the children
- Business and corporate sponsors contribute to the Ladybird Bursary Fund as part of their Socio-Economic Development (SED) and Corporate Social Investment (CSI)
- Donations qualify for a Section 18A tax certificate
- Beneficiaries are individuals as defined by the BBBEE Codes of Good Practice 29617, 9 February 2007, namely: South African citizens who are African Black, Coloured, Indian and Asian.
The greater the amount of funding received, the greater the outreach possibilities and the greater the number of children whose educational journey will be forever changed.
We welcome donations, big and small from the general public, and should you wish to make a donation, please e-mail the RENS Public Benefit Officer here: